Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's All about the Bawk Bawk

It is winter time, and we do like our hot foods. Soup to be more direct, and chicken soup to be even more specific. Soups are super flavorful and nutritional, this soup is absolutely delicious and has the original taste of your grandma's chicken noodle yumminess. Piping hot and right off the stove, out of the cast iron pot and into a bowl waiting to be devoured. This soup is minus the noodles and other starches like potatoes. Starches are high in carbs and holds sugar in your body much longer. Whole wheat noodles would be a good option to go with if you really like the noodles.



It's ingredients are the following:

1 whole boiled medium chicken pulled and diced large
2 tablespoons of chicken bullion
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/2 cup peas
1 stalk of diced celery
1 quart of low sodium, fat free, low calorie chicken broth
salt pepper to taste

Yes it's that simple! I boiled the chicken the night before, let it cool then put the leftover chicken broth in the fridge separately. Before I re-heated the broth (to boil my veggies in) I skimmed all the fat off the top of the cold broth. Voila! Practically fat free and packed with natural flavor! I added Fit & Active chicken broth, it was fat free, low sodium, and only 5 calories per serving. This was so delicious and it was for lunch today. It's so filling that I could barely finish my bowl. If you'd like precise recipe instruction let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment