Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Healthy Drink to Curb Your Hunger or Sweet Tooth

     When I get close to that moment where I think I'm going to break down and eat something that's not on my health diet, I try my best to have a backup plan. It is important not to put it off until the verge of breaking. My weakness is most definitely sweets. I've already done my weight training and cardio for the day, I don't want to ruin my hard work by binging on something unhealthy. I must remember that I get a cheat day once a week to eat whatever I want (proportioned of course). It can be well worth the wait.
     A quick, easy, and relatively inexpensive way to curb my sweet tooth is by having a smoothy, shake, or drink of sorts. What I mean is, I have plenty jugs of protein mix to choose from. I'd personally choose the protein mix to make a shake out of over fruit, milk, and ice cream. If a cream such as milk is needed, I'll choose Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened (35 calories) or fat free milk (90 calories). Oh the benefits of switching to fat free and sugar free are amazing! It took me a while to adjust to the differences in taste and texture, especially being raised on wholesome foods.
      When mixing my shakes I add a scoop of the protein power and about a cup of ice. Sometimes I want to experiment with the flavor and add a banana or Sugar Free Hershey's Chocolate Syrup. As for my liquids, I'll use the Silk Pure Almond Milk Unsweetened or fat free milk. The extremists, which are those who compete, will probably only use the protein power, ice, and water, absolutely no sugars.


For additional flavor:

 Of course you will need to purchase a blender if you don't have one, even a hand held personal mixer is a big help.

     Using the almond milk and chocolate syrup, I drank a 70 cal semi sweet drink. It completely satisfied my sweet tooth and I didn't break my health diet. For anyone who hasn't tried almond milk, I suggest you do. I didn't think I'd like it at first, but I'm glad I tried it. Not only does it have 50% more calcium than milk, it's much better for the waist line. If you know what milk taste like after eating your cereal away, it is something like that. It tastes like a honey nut milk except not as sweet. That is my best attempt to explain the taste.



     There are so many varieties of shakes to make, these are just a few that I like to mix up. If you invest in a container of protein mix (usually containing many servings), you too will have a key ingredient in making a quick sweet tooth fix.

     Just a quick note, you can order the above protein shake mixes probably just about anywhere online.  However, Complete Supplements of Maryville, IL is by far the best pricing that I've found, even when comparing to online stores and stores like, GNC or Vitamin World. Shipping to you is reasonably priced. Whether you live in the area or not, check'm out! Customers nation wide are impressed with their pricing and customer service (including myself).

Complete Supplements Website
Complete Supplements on Facebook
Directions to Complete Supplements- Maryville, IL

No comments:

Post a Comment